Monday 4 February 2013

Cruelty free makeup.

Ok, so for me makeup is a big part of my life, I spend hours applying it, and would very rarely leave the house without it. Being a red head I have very pale skin and freckled, buying new makeup is always a challenge, iv many times had to be colour matched and for that id have to have specific brands which are always pricey, however, again after much research i have decided the quality of the products is far less important than the suffering to make it. 
After not much thought at all I took myself off to the body shop, honestly this was just to replace or find a animal friendly alternative to my much loved foundation, which was successful, but after a full facial treatment, makeover and a fair bit of money, Iv removed and chucked away every item of my previous cosmetic bag, and replaced all with the body shop products. 
My thought being why have a vegetarian diet, not consuming or eating meat but then smear a lipgloss over my lips containing bugs and insects, bronzer that's burnt skin off of small animals and mascara thats been tested on monkeys with there eyes glued shut.  

This morning i was nervous to use the new stuff, thinking it almost definitely wouldn't give me the 'summer glow' i'm used to, however surprisingly i was glowing from the inside out, feeling very fresh faced, and like i done a good deed for the day.
I would strongly recommend the body shops products, and the makeover service they provide. 

Since buying all of the below, iv managed to get a small party of my none veggie friends together, after explaining the importance of none animal tested products, and how much it means to myself, i'm hosting a body shop at home party, this is another service which is free of charge for everyone to get a better understanding of the products and reasons why the body shop doesn't test on animals, to try and test some alternatives and hopefully get some to convert and buy animal friendly products. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou very much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. x x